About Me

THINGS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW

Experienced, personable, flexible… and a few times round the block

Waving Moose is based in Farnborough in Hampshire and Leominster in Herefordshire, offering a personal writing, editing, print and web design and content service to small business, individuals and organisations locally, UK-wide and beyond.

The business has grown organically over the last 12 years, almost entirely by word of mouth. I like to think that is the best testimonial that you can get. (Nevertheless there are plenty more and you can read some of them here). I do try to offer a personal and supportive service that is a bit different, so am very proud that, in after-project surveys so far, 94% rated ‘excellent’ and the remaining 6% ‘very good’. 

Sam Collins Writer & Designer

Whatever my other shortcomings, unlike Eric Morecambe, I have spent most of my life coming up with words and putting them in the right place. I have written practically everything in my time (some of it voluntarily!) – speeches, briefings, presentations, websites, leaflets, information booklets, newspaper and magazine articles, song lyrics and novels. In all these areas, I have always been interested in the design as well as the words – it is not just what you say but how you say it, including how it looks on the page.

I have also been about a bit! I have worked in administration, management and promotion for private and public sector organisations; as a therapist; as a musician; and in my own businesses – including Waving Moose, Distinctive Web Design and a small record label, Gargoyle Records. Experienced in dealing with all sorts of people, teams, committees and troublesome Government Ministers, I now specialise in working with individuals, small businesses and organisations, offering a one-stop-shop, personal contact and ongoing support for both the creative and technical aspects of online and print presentation.

I have a particular interest and experience in writing for individuals and organisations across subjects such as psychology, health and wellbeing, alternative health and complementary therapy, history and heritage, climate change, environment and business resource efficiency issues, law, music, performance and creative arts. But to be honest I’m not fussy and will turn my hand to anything (as a recent commission for an article about the engineering of a South Korean subway amply illustrates!).

My clients and contacts seem to appreciate these mix of skills. You’ll be dealing with someone with a bit of experience in the world, who listens well, doesn’t talk too much, picks up issues quickly and can offer ideas for your business; as well as working hard and creatively to find the words and deliver the visual framework that are most appropriate and effective for your needs and budget.

If you think this would be helpful to you, or would like to know more, please get in touch.

Sam Collins and Waving Moose

My Services

Need help finding the RIGHT words?

Writing for Your Business

Is someone looking for you?

Web Design, Hosting and Maintenance

Telling your customers what they need to hear?

Print Design & Publication
Brochures, Posters, Flyers, Cards...